Ever notice how many “I really want that” things in life some expert tells us is bad for us? Well guess what it ain’t always so – here are four things that experts (that includes you mom), have told us to avoid, but with a little common sense we can have our cake (so long as it’s dark chocolate). And eat it too.
Jitters, heart palpitations, even pancreatic cancer have been touted as reasons to avoid caffeine, but new research indicates there are potentially more benefits than drawbacks to our morning and mid-afternoon kick. I don’t think Indoff could start the day without our caffine.
- Delaying development of Parkinson’s disease in men
- Prevent gall stones
- Reduce risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Enhance athletic performance
- Increased memory
But keep it to three cups, (that’s 8oz not super-duper grande jugs)
For more reasons to get your daily fix check out – http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/pros-and-cons-caffeine-craze
Too many empty calories, causes acne, causes ulcers…Please!
- Reduced risk of stroke
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- May decrease blood pressure
- Helps with chronic Fatigue Syndrome
It doesn’t have to be dark, but dark does seem to have more benefits and alas only one ounce a day. For more information check out – http://www.webmd.com/diet/health-by-chocolate
Type II diabetes, dependency, weight gain, moderation is the key, but it’s not all bad.
- Protects against heart attacks
- Helps control bad cholesterol
- Protects against some cancers
- Slows memory loss
- Fights weight gain
We’re talking moderation here, one glass a day, that’s a 4 oz glass not a tumbler. Check this out for more – http://www.everydayhealth.com/longevity/is-red-wine-good-for-you.aspx
Skin Cancer, premature wrinkles, age spots, yuck!, but it’d not entirely deadly.
- Strong bones – vitamin D
- Helps prevent some cancers
- Helps prevent some autoimmune disorders such as multiple sclerosis and type I diabetes. Caution, only a few minutes a day, not between 11Am and 4PM and still wear SPF 15
Today’s Funny: AD IN BRITISH NEWS PAPER:
FREE PUPPIES ½ Cocker Spaniel; ½ sneaky neighbor’s dog.