I wonder – if we didn’t have an official Thanksgiving Day would we forget to be thankful?
Every year around this time I find I am grateful for many things, but I often forget to be thankful all year for the blessings I have. Sometimes it just seems easier to grouse about what I don’t have, or wish I had, than to take stock and realize there is much to give thanks for all year round.
So here is a list of just a few things I am grateful for, in no particular order.
- I’m healthy, so far as I know.
- My family is near me. (sometimes)
- I have a roof over my head and food on the table. (unfortunately not something everyone in this country can say)
- I have supportive and understanding friends who keep me humble.
- I have outstanding partners to work with.
- I live in a country where I am free to give thanks anyway I choose.
- I live in a country where I can pursue my own happiness so long as it does not infringe on others.
- There are men and women out there who dedicate their lives to making sure I have those freedoms.
- The sun shines more than it does not where I live.
- I can choose to live where I want.
- It’s legal to own pets, can’t imagine life without them. (I say this as my lab lies beside me snoring like a chain saw, and what the heck did her daddy feed her?)
- The company I work for, Indoff, allows me to work how I choose.
- I have at least one God given talent, making me useful to at least a few.
- Oh and Wine.
Don’t forget to be thankful every chance you have, you never know when something you should have been thankful for will disappear forever.